CompleteMe Renal Canine
CompleteMe Renal Canine is a blend of superfoods and essential vitamins, amino acids and minerals to enrich and create therapeutic homemade diets for dogs with kidney disease. When used with recipes developed by VNG, CompleteMe Renal Canine will create a phosphorus-restricted diet with controlled calcium and sodium, suitable for dogs with either early or advanced kidney disease. Both the product and recipes were developed by VNG's two Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists®, Dr Becca Leung and Dr Meredith Wall.
- Astragalus extract: May help to reduce proteinuria in patients with chronic kidney disease. It can also enhance antioxidant status and is renoprotective in other species
- Fructooligosaccharides (prebiotic) and Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentate (postbiotic): Supports a healthy and diverse intestinal microbiota. Prebiotics may help to also reduce the production of uraemic toxins
- Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) from marine algae: May reduce inflammation and delay the progression of renal disease
- Australian mixed berries: A powerhouse of antioxidants and other bioactives to support renal function
Phosphorus, calcium and sodium
- Provided recipes contain ~0.6 to 1.1 g phosphorus per 1000 kcal ME when prepared with CompleteMe Renal Canine, which is similar to commercial renal diets like Hill's Prescription Diet k/d, or Royal Canin Renal. The phosphorus content varies according to stage of disease.
- CompleteMe Renal Canine contains moderate calcium in order to produce a balanced calcium to phosphorus ratio.
- Excessive sodium intake has been shown to worsen proteinuria in other species. The provided recipes all have controlled sodium which meets but does not exceed the FEDIAF minimum for adult dogs.
EPA + DHA and Astragalus extract
- Every 20 grams dose of CompleteMe Renal Canine contains a minimum of 680 mg of EPA + DHA to support renal function and reduce inflammation.
- It also contains 175 mg of Astragalus root extract polysaccharides. We use an extract of Astragalus to increase the efficacy of the product.
How do I use CompleteMe Renal Canine?
Our Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists® have created a library of recipes that this product can be used with. These recipes include a range of protein and ingredient choices, and are formulated to be suitable for either early kidney disease (IRIS stage 1–2) or advanced kidney disease (IRIS stage 2–4). All recipes are formulated to have optimal protein, fat, phosphorus, sodium, calcium, fibre, and omega-3 fatty acids for dogs with kidney disease.
Yield: One 300 g bag makes approximately 2 to 3 weeks of food for a 10 kg dog.
Please see below for ingredients and guaranteed analysis.
DHAgold™, yeast culture, calcium carbonate, oat bran, potassium chloride, fructooligosaccharides (FOS), taurine, Australian berries (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries), choline chloride, Astragalus root extract (Astragalus membranaceus), magnesium sulphate, sodium chloride, vitamin E supplement, zinc sulphate, iron sulphate, vitamin C supplement, manganese sulphate, copper sulphate, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, retinyl acetate, biotin, supplement, sodium selenite, calcium iodate anhydrous, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin B6 supplement, and folic acid supplement.